Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 Growing Season Final Harvest Numbers!

After an early season freeze in the beginning of October and Hurricane Sandy hitting at the end, I'm pretty sure the 2012 Growing Season has come to an end for me.  This year I devoted a lot of time to my vegetable garden, from expanding it to experimenting with growing new plants.  As the season progressed I was pleasantly surprised to see that my garden was producing more then I was expecting!  Some of the highest yielding plants include Hot Peppers (which I still haven't figured out what type they are, at the store they were labeled as red cayenne plants), cherry tomatoes and Juliet tomatoes.  I decided to keep a record of all the harvests throughout the summer and fall.  Although I may have missed a few tomatoes here or there, I believe my records are pretty close to what I ended up taking out of my garden.  So without further ado here is my final harvest totals for the 2012 growing season! The list includes type of plant grown and how many fruits or vegetables collected from them.

  1. Hot Peppers  =                       192
  2. Cherry Tomatoes =                153
  3. Juliet Tomatoes=                   118
  4. Garden Beans =                       58
  5. Cucumbers =                           30
  6. Heirloom Tomato =                20
  7. Marion Tomato =                   17
  8. Big Boy Tomato =                 15
  9. Japanese Eggplant =                9
  10. Red Hot Cherry Peppers =      7
  11. Zucchini =                               4
  12. Sweet Pepper =                       4
  13. Sugar Baby Watermelon =     2

No comments:

Post a Comment