Monday, July 27, 2015

White Wonder Cucumber Growing!

Finally, my white wonder cucumbers are growing. I've been delayed this year with my cucumbers for a number of reasons. First, I started these plants from seed and I ended up planting them a little later than I normally would. Then the turnip plants I had planted in the spring had blocked the sun to the young seedlings, delaying their growth even more. 

However, now that I have removed the turnip greens and we've experienced some warmer weather, the cucumbers are taking off! 

The plants are starting to grow up my nice trellis that held my Boston pickling cucumbers last year. And this morning I noticed a few baby white wonder cucumbers growing! I'm super excited! How cool is a white cucumber! Hopefully, a lot more our on their way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment