Friday, September 7, 2012

Frozen Hot Peppers!!

I've harvested over 100 hot peppers this summer and because I was expecting cayenne peppers but got what I think is habanero, I've had a hard time figuring out what to do with them! It doesn't help that friends and family won't take more then a handful because they really are hot!

So to not let them go to waste and hopefully be able to make some spicy soups this winter I froze some! This is my first time freezing my own vegetable harvest! I've never had an over abundance of anything till this year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I thought I would share a wonderful tip I have had great success with using hot peppers. Just boil the peppers (one or two) until soft and mushy, just 10 minutes or so. Then puree and let cool *(Be cautious as the heat will become airborne and may cause sneezing so try to avoid breathing the pureeing process) Then strain out the seeds/pulp and add this concentrated pepper juice to a spray bottle filled with water and powdered garlic. Shake it up good and spray it on your plants and the bugs will disappear! I have been using it since July when my vegies started getting eaten up- Now no bugs! And my eggplant and cherry tomatoes made a big come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry mikayla f just saw your comment now (months later!) but that is an awesome suggestion, thanks a lot! I may use that next year considering my cabbage plants and broccoli plants got eaten up this past summer!

    ReplyDelete