Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring Has Finally Sprung! 5-4-14

After a wicked long, cold and snowy winter, signs of a late spring are finally showing up along the Connecticut coast! 

Everything is late this year but it's nice to see signs of life on the barren land!  

Unfortunately, I don't have any spring bulbs like daffodils or tulips in my yard to bring the first burst of color of the season but I do know it's spring when the forsythia and Cherry tree blossoms! 


Since our weather has been so cool lately and I was definitely impatient for spring to come, I decided to bring spring indoors! I cut a few forsythia branches inside right before they were to flower and placed them in a vase on the kitchen windowsill. By bringing them into the warm house, it 'forced' them to bloom! Giving way to the beautiful yellow flowers of spring and a little pop of color I desperately needed! 

The others sign of spring is the beautiful weeping cherry tree in my front yard. I absolutely love this tree! From it's shape to it's incredibly thick trunk and it's stunning spring flowers, this tree makes for absolutely stunning photos in the spring time! 


Now let's hope it keeps warming up and I can start working in my garden some more! We're 12 days out till the unofficial growing season, which starts on May 16th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment