Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mushrooms in the Yard!

It's always interesting to discover something new growing in your yard. After a very dry May, which resulted in a moderate drought, June has been a little bit wetter. It hasn't eliminated the drought just yet but it has been wet enough for some cool looking mushrooms to start growing in my yard. I came across these mushrooms the other day and couldn't resist taking some pictures. Now, I have no idea what kind they are and whether or not they're poisonous but I'm not eating or even handling them, so no worries there! 

There was two different types of mushrooms I came across. One mushroom was brown and growing in the mulch, while the other one was white and growing by the wood pile. Both mushrooms were growing in shaded areas, which makes sense. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment