Friday, October 12, 2012

The end is near! Freeze Warning 10/12/12

Yesterday National Weather Service (NWS) issued a freeze watch and now this morning it's a freeze warning for the whole state of Connecticut! Even near the coast where I am!

If we get a freeze I guess that means the end to the 2012 growing season!

Weatherbug is forecasting a low of 36 which wouldn't be a freeze but a heavy frost, the Weather Channel is calling for 35 degrees, and Accuweather is calling for 36 which is also above freezing.

The Freeze warning is calling for temps to range from the mid 20's to low 30's from 1am till 9am killing crops and vegetation.

By no means am I disappointed in 2012 growing season but I didn't expect it to end so early! I will try to protect some plants because next week looks warmer with temps back in the 70's (possibly an Indian Summer?!)

Below is a photo of the freeze warning from NBC Connecticut's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment