Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Zucchini harvest!

On July 6th my first two Zucchinis were ready to pick! I actually planted one of the summer squash plants on my back deck and it has been doing great. The combination of space, sun and heat from the deck has allowed it to get pretty large (in fact it kind of looks like a tropical palm plant). The smaller of the two Zucchinis I cut up and threw into a salad, putting the larger one into the refrigerator. Then three days later on July 9th another zucchini was ready for picking! This one even larger then the first two! I uses both the newly picked zucchini and the large one from July 6th for dinner. I sliced them up, covered them in some olive oil with some salt and wrapped them in tin foil, placing them over the grill for 5-7 mins. They were amazing! I can't wait to have more zucchini from my backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment