Monday, July 9, 2012

Long Red Cayenne Peppers!

I came across Long Red Cayenne Peppers at a local grocery store in the end of April. The price was very cheap for six 6 inch tall pepper plants so on a whim I decided to buy some. I kept them inside at night for a few weeks but then planted 3 in an old window box and the other three each in their own pot. Since it was very early in the growing season and the plants already had flowers on them, I did a little research. After searching the web I decided the best thing to do would be to pinch off the early blossoms in hope the plants would grow more. As you can see below this method worked and I now have cayenne pepper plants 3 to 4x the size they started at with at least over 100 peppers growing!!!! The photos where the plants are much larger were taken in early July!

No comments:

Post a Comment